18 June 2015
Working with Self Harm Self Injury and Suicide
"Very engaging, explorative, thought-provoking, practice-challenging, well-informed experience... Had patients needs at the centre. Reflective and personal. "
This is the most popular course in our specialist workshop range. The course aims to enhance awareness of self-harm or self-injury along a continuum from lack of self care through to self mutilation and suicide. It will explore the emotional, physical and psychological reasons underpinning self injury and provide an evaluation of the therapeutic interventions to aid healing. The workshop will look at the prevalence of self harm and the range of self harm behaviours. The course also explores the central role the therapeutic relationship can play both in minimising risk and helping those who engage in self-injury or attempt suicide to find adaptive coping strategies
Duration: 6.5 Hours
Experience: None required,
This course is suitable for: all staff currently working within health and social care settings in the United Kingdom. The course is designed to meet the training needs of domiciliary care agencies, care home or hospital settings and all staff. The course is also ideal for carers.
Number of Trainees: 15 maximum
Course Standard: Certificate of attendance. Hand-outs will be provided
Candidates will cover:
- Definitions of suicide and self-harm, self-injury, para-suicide and suicide
- Risk factors that could influence the likelihood of suicide and self-injury
- Warning Signs
- Suicide, self-injury and the media
- People who have taken their own life and the impact of self harm on others
- What is self-injury and how common it is?
By the end of the course Candidates will be able to:
- Consider own attitudes and emotional reaction to suicide and self-injury
- Recognise signs of suicidal / self injurious intent
- Consider when breaking confidentiality might be appropriate
- Practice applying a range of strategies for dealing with suicidal and self harming clients
Contact our 24hr course enquiry line for more details or to make a booking on 07843046559 or for more course information visit http://www.traininginnovations.co.uk/courses.php